Popular Posts

Monday, February 4, 2013

Love or LIke

How do you really know if you love someone or just really, really like them?  I understand the physiology of feeling good when someone touches your or you hear their voice on the other end of the phone call.  But how do you really know if it is love or not?  Now that I've been single for almost two years there are a couple of men that I have been involved with that I thought I really liked.  I knew it wasn't love or did I?  Am I so jaded by my divorce that I don't know or am not open to love?  Friends and family ask me over and over what am I looking for in a man.  Right after my divorce I knew I just wanted to have fun.  Nothing serious, just fun.  Now I'm ready for something more.  I think.  Maybe?   There is a huge part of me that is looking for someone to be more permanent in my life but I'm also looking for my alone time.  I'm not ready to live with someone just yet but I want to have a regular man who checks in on me, takes me out and someone I can cuddle with on those cold, rainy nights.  Is that too much to ask?  I don't think so.  I have had some very interesting conversations with men that I have been involved with.  They see the best of me and feel I am a good woman and they would love to lock me down.  Yet, I never felt that way about them.  Sure I liked them for what they were bringing to the relationship at that time but I knew it would never be more than two people having fun.  I knew getting involved with them would amount to nothing because they were not the type of men I would take around my family.  So why did I get involved with them at all?  Have I become so callus that I don't see these men as a human being with feelings?  Things I need to explore and figure out if I ever want to have a fulfilling relationship.  Right?  Right.

No comments: